Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A Spontaneous Weekend at The Del

In the week leading up to Labor Day, San Diego had a heat wave. It got progressively hotter with each day. And yes, I have lived places where it definitely gets hotter, but in those places we have air conditioning. A lot of people don't have ac here, so that's why a heat wave is a hardship ha. By Saturday, it was unbearable, and it didn't cool down at all at night. I did not sleep well at all.

I was still sweaty trying to get ready for church and I said to Victor, "we can't come back here after church. Where can we go spend the afternoon with ac?!?" I wasn't implying we should go to a hotel, but that's what Victor proposed, and not just any hotel, but the Hotel Del Coronado! I loooooove that place. Victor called and got it all figured out, and we headed out after church. Down to cooler temps, and that iconic hotel. 

(Side note: we got the room because The Del was recently acquired by Hilton. Our credit card gives us one free night at any Hilton a year, so our room was freeeeeeee!)
Our friends The Yanes' also have the same credit card with a free night, so we convinced them to come down too! Love that they are willing to be so spontaneous with us.

 ^^cute little friends ha^^
 ^^I love this shop and always want everything they have^^
 ^^Love this pic of my boys!^^


 Ended our Labor Day afternoon getting ice cream. And then we headed home to cooler temps thank goodness. But at least the heat wave happened with the three day weekend so we could have this mini vakay. We love these little trips with the boys because they love it too. They love staying in hotels. J woke up when we arrived back at the house and he was upset because he still wanted to be at the hotel haha. I feel your pain, J. I wish I could stay at the Del forever too.

Happy Belated Labor Day!

1 comment:

  1. Well yay for no A/C if that makes Victor plan fun trips like this!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS