Thursday, March 15, 2018

Highlights from Hawaii!

Hello! Long time, no blog. It wasn't intentional. Time has just been passing too quickly these last few months. 

So, first off, Victor was gone for a few months--off on a boat cruising around the world. He was gone for Christmas which made him sad. We missed him. He got back the end of January, so a couple weeks later he took some time off and we went on a space a adventure to Hawaii. My dear friend Sarah Holden was getting married, and I wanted to go just the two of us, but softy Victor really wanted to take the boys, and fly space a so we wouldn't have to pay for tickets haha. He convinced me, and I'm happy to say it all worked out and we had a great time on Oahu. 

The weather was not as ideal as the last time we went to Hawaii, but we still had some good days, and did a variety of things. Hiking, boogie boarding, snorkeling, and lots of eating. We also got to see a few friends that live there, and of course, celebrate the wedding of Sarah on the North Shore which was gorgeous!

Sorry that the "highlights" is actually a bunch of pictures I can't help myself!
 We went to a luau at the Hale Koa (military) hotel and I would highly recommend it. Great price and the food was delicious and the activities were fun. We told J we were going to a Hawaii party and he loved it. Getting them matching resort wear at the Navy exchange was a great idea. Such cuteness!


 A big chunk of our time was spent looking at fish in various places. They were obsessed. Talk about random!
 I had so many acai bowls and it wasn't enough ha

The happy couple! Such a beautiful wedding and so happy for our friends. 
The boys had the BEST time spending time with the Tyners, our friends from Okinawa. They watched our boys during the wedding stuff, and then we had an amazing North Shore day playing with them the next day. 
Before taking off on a flight the next day, we spent the night on Ford Island and checked out the memorials of the USS Utah, which I had no idea was a still partially submerged ship. It was surreal and somber, and the USS Oklahoma and the Missouri.

I was sad to leave. I sure love Hawaii, and my boys, especially J, love vacations! I'm grateful they do great in hotels, and while Dom is still in a frustrating two year old phase, overall we still had an amazing time. So glad to have had such great family time, especially after Victor had to be away from us for a while.

2 comments:

  1. love it!! lets go back together next time?? PS is that the lds church in honolulu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that’s a destination wedding! And I really want a drink in a coconut right now.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS