Saturday, August 22, 2020

Firenze!! The first day





 
I was soooo excited for our next part of our trip. My first time to Italy! 

We flew into Florence directly from Romania, dropped off our stuff at our Airbnb and immediately started walking around the city. And it probably took less than an hour for the city to capture my heart. 
We stumbled onto so many gems in the city as we made our way over to the Piazzele Michelangelo (where the gorgeous overlook of the city is) First was the nicest pharmacy you’ll ever see in your life, at the Santa Maria Novella Monastery. The monks here invented Rose Water during the plague, and so that’s what I purchased. They sell all kinds of soaps and lotions, and the place is amazing. 
Just before I headed to Italy, I saw a news featured about a French artist that lives in Florence named Clet. He adds stickers onto street signs throughout the city and it was like a treasure hunt trying to spot them. Then we totally stumbled on his studio/shop and sure enough he was just hanging out so we got to meet him. That was fun. 

  
And then we made our way back to our apartment and made sure to make a gelato stop (one of many!) with pretty views of Ponte Vecchio. 
Man, I loved Florence so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS