Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday date night, aka An Ode to Outback Steakhouse

Remember how I made mention to the fact that there really are NO unique restaurants in our town? We've tried a few, but they are pretty disappointing. We really have to go north or south to other cities to find good restaurants. But there are those Friday nights (mostly every Friday) when my husband comes home so exhausted and he doesn't want to travel far for our traditional Friday date night. So our best option in this janky place is the Outback Steakhouse. 

The food is consistently good, and the service is as well. It's also the place where everybody is. Allow me to use song lyrics to describe the way we have come to feel about our local Outback Steakhouse.

Me: I want to be where the people are. (name that one)

AND (name this one):

Victor: Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name 
(Victor consistently sees his TBS friends eating out at Outback---it's fun to meet them)

Both of us: And they're always glad you came
(for me, it's that the waitresses compliment your outfits, which I love because I was so excited about my $3 Ralph Lauren silk skirt, as pictured below)

Victor: You want to be where you can see our troubles are all the same.
(Because TBS training sucks!)

You want to go where everybody knows your name. 
Thank you, Outback. We'll see you soon.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS