Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Things

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. As I get older, there is more and more to be grateful for.

Those things include:

The wonderful friends we have met here in Virginia. Remember how I whined about it a lot? Well, I'm pleased to report that things have indeed gotten much better. It makes me sad to leave.

Flight plans! We found out today we are headed to Japan on January 10. It is real, and we are so excited. A little anxious, naturally, but a good kind of anxious. I am so grateful for this chance to see more of this beautiful world. This is what I always wanted.

These last few weeks in D.C. I'm grateful for Christmas parties, and one last concert at the Kennedy Center: Handel's Messiah. I am grateful for Handel.

The chance to see family before we go overseas. I'm grateful that we have been given the time to see both of our families. I am so grateful for our families.

And, of course, I am grateful for my husband. My main man. My best friend.  My fellow adventurer. We have fun together, and I love him. He loves me unconditionally, and that's definitely something to be grateful for!
And we are grateful for this time we've had in this great area of the country. We love D.C. and Virginia. There are parts of it that we are really sad to say goodbye to. But then we get stuck in traffic for hours and forget about it. But let's not talk about that right now.

Anyway, have a happy happy Thanksgiving! And I'm grateful for you guys for reading this!

4 comments:

  1. You and Victor have so many fun and exciting adventures! And ditto to Jenn's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are great. I love your posts and that picture is beautiful. I am grateful for you and Victor and can't wait to see you for a couple of weeks! Love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. January 10th?!? That's too soon! Take me with you! That's my son's first birthday, so think about us that day, since I know you won't have anything else to worry about ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS