Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dining Room DIY: now my favorite wall of the house.

I've had this vision in my head of all a design of many origami cranes hanging so beautifully along a wall somewhere in my house. I had a vision, and executing it and seeing the finished product was so much fun and so rewarding. It turned out wonderfully in my humble opinion. I love just sitting on my couch and looking at this wall!
 It started out with purchasing this beautiful painting by J. Kirk Richards, and finally getting it custom framed after we arrived here in Japan. It's called "Every Knee Shall Bow."
Then, it took some online tutorials on how to make an origami crane, and I was on my way!
This is what an entire package of origami paper looks like in paper crane form:
 Then a trip to the beach to gather drift wood. Found some small pieces that I liked...
And then jackpot! Found this beauty. I don't know what kind of wood it is, but it smells great. 

 Then my friend Sherry helped me hang up the hooks (I feel like you need a second hand when drilling big holes in the wall)

And then voila!!


I am so happy with the way it turned out, I'm not going to lie.
And just as a run down, not counting the painting, this is how much the project cost
Wood: Free
Origami Paper: $4
Hooks: $9

Total Cost: $13 !!

I just love combining my two loves: crafting and decorating. What do you think??

5 comments:

  1. it looks beautiful and super original. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love it. I'm so impressed. I haven't got a decorator bone in my body. I'm really excited to come see your cute house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie it looks great!!! You are amazing! I love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! It looks amazing. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it.... good idea....... creative

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS