Sunday, April 28, 2013

Doctor Fish

In Japan, it is all the rage to go to "Doctor Fish." There are little places all over where you can have fish eat the dead skin cells on your feet which they say is very therapeutic. Sounds disgusting, right? And, it kind of is. But, it was pretty fun!

Once the initial shock wears off...
Then we took turns in the pool with these little guys, and it was much more enjoyable than the big fish, where you could feel their mouths sucking on you. If you're grossed out, I know. I was too! 

 But, I think I'm converted. My feet did feel pretty good afterward.

Oh, Japan. I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh we did that when we were in Japan. We went to a hot spring and they had all sorts of different pools. One had the little fishes. It tickled my feet so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good like exfoliated or like after a massage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ucky! But also intriguing. But scary. No feet touching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That sounds like fun. I would do it, especially since I can see the little fish. I don't like swimming in murky water--who knows what kind of fish are hanging out by your feet?

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS