Sunday, July 6, 2014

Our Town (36 Weeks)

This weekend, Chatan town had a big summer festival at the beach just down the street from our house. That meant we got to enjoy fireworks every night this holiday weekend. That meant I was very happy, because I love fireworks. The festival was fun, but we didn't really stay long at all because it was just so hot and humid. But it sure was a beautiful weekend. You would never guess looking at that sky and calm water that a typhoon of death is on its way. Send a prayer our way, ok? Mostly that we won't lose power so I won't have to be without air conditioning ha ha. 

An attempt at a 36 week bump shot with the fireworks. I really feel like this week I got much bigger. Like one night my skin just was aching, and I got up the next morning looking so much different (in my own view).

Here's some pregnancy tidbits, if you care to know :)

Swelling: One morning this past week, I woke up and just like that, my wedding rings were just too small. My feet are a little swollen too, but I feel like it's probably because the heat and humidity really spiked this week.

Stretch marks: Haven't had any. I've been using cocoa butter, but I'm learning it all doesn't really matter. You either get them or you don't. I've just had a slow and steady weight gain, so maybe that helps? But side note, I love the way cocoa butter makes my skin feel.

Pregnancy must haves: All I can think of right now is my zantac and tums (life saver for acid reflux!), my little pillow I take in every car ride, movie, and church for my back, water, and my super helpful and patient husband.

Baby's size: my doctor is guessing that he is right around 5.5 or 6 pounds. So he still has some time to grow.

Hints of labor: just braxton hicks contractions, but not very frequently. I feel like I still have plenty of time, or that he might even go a little over. I hope I am right, because due to the typhoon this week, if you are 37 weeks or more they want you to go in and wait out the typhoon at the hospital (in uncomfortable conditions) just to be safe. I'm like 4 days shy of 37. So once again, pray that nothing will happen, so I can just wait out the typhoon in my own bed. Please and thank you!

So, there you go. Hope you had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. That typhoon sounds scary! You are getting close (even though you don't look like it.) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I didn't get stretch marks until week 36 I think, and they weren't bad, mostly around my old belly button piercing. Good luck with the typhoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you didn't have to go stay in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, if my due date weren't right around the corner, I'd rather risk it than camp out in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS