Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Motherhood Life Lately: How to Cure Baby Hunger

I have an announcement: I have been cured from my long standing baby hunger. I visited a friend and her newborn in the hospital a few weeks ago, and for the first time since having babies myself, I didn't have the thought, "I want one!!" I didn't think it would happen. But it has, and I now know why. Because I know what those peaceful babies become: TODDLERS.

I currently have two toddlers in my house. And for the last couple weeks, we have had some extremely challenging moments, including yesterday (Easter). Besides being able to see friends, it is not an Easter I care to remember. When my parents visited, we had similar experiences, and I totally had the mom reactions running through my head, and even saying out loud to my mom: "if only they could see how they are just on a regular basis because they aren't this bad! They're actually very sweet!" I just can't handle thinking that my friends and family, particularly my parents, may think they're wild little savages. Classic parent mindset.

For the sake of this not being an all negative post, I do include photos of the wonderful memories we are making right now with our boys, and they serve as a reminder to me that I still have it good. These boys are so much fun, and despite the frustrations, seeing the world through their eyes where everything is new to them is so rewarding. J is particularly fun. His eagerness to help cook things, his love of painting and drawing, and his enthusiasm to go on a hike or even better, to go on a trip and stay in a hotel is so much fun. He's my little buddy, and we can actually have little conversations now. He loves saying "but why mommy?" and did I mention he still calls me Mommy Annie? I love it so much, and no, I didn't teach him that, which is why I love it so much I think.

Anyway, not sure what else I could add to this except for the words of Mr. Dickens:
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

Motherhood, man.

PS for the record, I'm not entirely sworn off having more babies, but as of right now, I do think I will have to be convinced somehow to do so. Maybe some kind of bribe from my husband, perhaps?? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Haha this is just so truthful. I can't imagine having 2 toddlers. Bless your heart. A colicky baby worked pretty well for me for about 2 years. My first words after seeing my positive pregnancy test were "what have we done?!" Haha. But you're doing great! You're always taking your kids out and I know you're a good mom. Just gotta chug through a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. The happiness amongst the chaos. I whole heartedly agree. It's so hard some days, and then they sit there and tell you how much they love you and all is forgiven, until you have to go to the grocery store. I think that's part of my worst nightmares, walking down aisles while they all scream for something else!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS