Thursday, August 2, 2018

Things I'm Loving Lately Summer 2018

Hey there! It's been way too long since I have blogged and I have missed it. I have lots I could share--summer stuff and what not. I figured it's also been too long since I've done this kind of post so this is my summer 2018 edition. What things are you loving lately?? Here's some of mine.

1. Bike Share
I love the concept of the bike share program and we have done it before in NYC but this summer I used it in 2 places that are PERFECT for a bike share: Washington D.C. and Park City, UT. Each has their own app you install and it makes it easier than ever to check out bikes, and the app will even plot routes for you based on bike drop off points. Getting around D.C. by bike is awesome. The national mall makes it look like everything is close, but it is not! Save your feet and bike. 

As for Park City, the city is full of a network of bike trails going through the gorgeous mountain valley. And the bike share is cheap! And even better, they are electric bikes! I had never ridden one, and they are LEGIT. We all got a thrill testing it out on the steep hill at our AirBnb. My mom didn't want to come out and try it, but we made her and her reaction was so good as it kicked in to help her get up the hill (video at the end of the post ;)

 2. One Line a Day Journal

Trying to actually journal and this is such an easy way to do it. I started it this summer--funny that now I'm like a week behind but I'll catch up! I got this one from Anthro.

 3. Pressed Juicery

Aka our family's favorite "ice cream" except it's not ice cream, it's frozen fresh pressed juice. So no guilt! They have yummy toppings to go on it like fresh raspberries, strawberries, etc.

I was sold on this little shop as soon as I saw the Anne of Green Gables shirt! Perfect for our girls trip last summer to Prince Edward Island. My new one this summer is my Jane Eyre one. Side note--this old copy of Jane Eyre is one of my prized possessions. It's a second edition--the first edition in the USA! Another side note--the older I get the more I LOVE Jane Eyre. 
And there's another pic in my other favorite one--My "Stay Gold Pony Boy" Name that book!


And lastly Number 5: Period Dramas
This is not really a "lately" thing: I have LOVED period dramas since like 6th grade starting with Emma Thompson's "Sense and Sensibility." These are ones I have watched and loved recently
--A United Kingdom. Such a good movie about something I knew nothing about--the creation of the African country Botswana. The love story is so cute and it's true!
--Jane Eyre. I know, lots about Jane Eyre, but this adaptation is my favorite, and I have watched a lot of them and have never loved them. This one is with Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester. It's so good. Watch it!
--Little Women on Masterpiece. Hard to beat the original Wynona Rider one, but this is good! I think you can watch it on pbs.org.

So there you go! Give me your recs! And last but not least, the electric bike video! A note about the bike: it is hard to start pedaling at first. My mom does know how to ride a bike ;) Listen for her exclaim "oh my gosh!" when it kicks in ha

1 comment:

  1. i don't see the video! but love these kinds of posts! and oh man i miss pressed! I was just getting into that before I left.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS