Friday, May 20, 2011

Let's not forget, being a bride can be AWESOME

Because I have realized that the last few posts about my bride status seem to be a little debbie downer, I need to point out that being a bride is actually pretty fun, and I need to enjoy it while I can because after I get married, I'll just be a married person. No more attention over that!

First of all, let's not forget the person who makes the whole being a bride feel extra special: the groom. My groom is especially wonderful because he is very low maintenance and he let's me do whatever I want with this wedding. My mom especially appreciates this, as well! He also is very patient during my freak outs and still loves me after them. He's the best.
This is us on our first date, a year ago TODAY. It seems a little extravagant that our first date would be seeing my favorite musical in New York City, but clearly my groom was working his moves to win me over--and it obviously worked.

Anyway, I also have to say that another reason that being a bride is awesome is all the awesome people that want to throw parties for you and give you gifts. How nice is that?! I never thought of having a bunch of bridal showers, but all these wonderful people want to throw them for me!This sounds conceited, but what I am trying to say is that there are so many great people in my life who love me (and want to give me presents). People are great. I love you.

So yeah, being a bride definitely has its perks. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS