Thursday, January 19, 2012

can we just talk about politics for a second?

Ok ok, I'm not going to get into the "issues" surrounding the current Republican presidential primary. That just gets people riled up. I want to talk about what they're all trying to achieve, and that it to beat Barack Obama. Well, history has shown plenty of times what works. Tall, handsome, and well with words. Isn't that why Obama got elected to begin with? I think so. Short little white-haired McCain didn't stand a chance.

Let's look shall we.
 Newt Gingrich. Appropriately named because he looks just like one. Look at that snotty smug look. He is just plain ornery. When you look at his political resume, you can tell he is qualified and capable of running the country. But can he beat Obama? No way. He's unlikeable. And and adulterer. But some people don't care about that. I do.

Oh, Ron Paul. Never mind his border line crazy views on foreign policy. He is just a kooky senior citizen. He's too unstable. One minute I agree with him, the next I'm questioning his sanity. The democratic party is going to eat him up!

Rick Santorum is better, but he still looks and talks like a little boy. He has done a good job of holding his own at the debates, but still. He just seems so boyish. Not manly. Sorry, Rick.

MITT. He has proven himself time and time again. Like I said, let's leave the political views out of it. This guy is good-looking! And he does GREAT in the debates. I love watching the debates for this reason: who can think quickly and give a solid argument, and who just can't handle it. Rick Perry was one of those who looked good, but was terrible in the debates. I think the Democratic party knows that Romney is the only one that stands a very good chance at beating Obama, and that's why they're just waiting to pounce on him.

So yeah, that's what I have to say on all this stuff. Have you been watching the debates?? I love them: mostly because I really love a good argument. It makes me regret not doing debate in high school.

Also, I just have to share some of my favorite political satire as of lately.

This article by C. Jane in the Des News is so hilarious. Please read.

And this video is so great in calling out how Republicans (the candidates) are pretty ridiculous at times. Mostly Newt. I really don't like him.



Oh, politics. So fun.

3 comments:

  1. agree 100% with you. Alex showed me that article and i laughed my head off...
    I hope Mitt wins, I was really sad he lost the primary yesterday.. but yeah, if they choose someone other than Mitt to go against Obama, that's pretty much re-electing Obama for another term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree 100% with you. Alex showed me that article and i laughed my head off...
    I hope Mitt wins, I was really sad he lost the primary yesterday.. but yeah, if they choose someone other than Mitt to go against Obama, that's pretty much re-electing Obama for another term.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS