Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Birthday, Sister Camille!

It's my sister's 20th birthday today. I'm jealous of her, because I loved being twenty. Good times!

Camille sure has gone through a lot in just twenty short years. We always referred to her as the "problem child," meaning that if there were any sickness or malady to be had, she experienced it. Ear infections, hepatitis, tonsillitis, vitiligo, lawn mower accidents, and probably more that I'm forgetting. And this is all before she was ten years old. She has had more doctors and surgeries than I ever think I will have in my entire life. Plastic surgeons, an orthopedic surgeon, a dermatologist, ear doctor...am I missing any, Camille?

And yet Camille has still come out on top. She is a celebrated athlete who gives no signs of her scars standing in her way. I'm proud to tell people her story and how she comes out triumphant.
at the top of Angel's Landing

I'm five years older than Camille, so growing up we weren't super close since we were in such different stages of life. Now as that gap has been bridged as we have gotten older, we are much closer and I am so grateful for that. She is super fun to do stuff with. And while we still have our dramatic moments, Camille doesn't hold grudges for long (usually). 

So happy birthday Camille. Love ya lots! How about you write on your blog a little more, k??

1 comment:

  1. what a sister! You forgot to mention that she can take us out. well, she used to. Maybe now that she's 20 we can stand a chance. Those are really cute pictures though!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS