Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Because I was left again as a lone woman this week, I went on a little adventure yesterday to Philadelphia with my friend Alicia. It was a beautiful day, but COLD. To think that just last week, I was chilling in D.C. like this:
January and 70 degrees is wonderful
So we pretty much were total tourist nerds. We did all the stereotypical Philadelphia things. But that's what you have to do when it's your first time in a city. Next time, I'll do even more exploring. And there will be a next time in Philly, because I really liked this city.

Picture overload!
After hitting up the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were written, we ventured over to South Philly to experience the joys of cheese steak sandwiches. Thanks to these guys for the recommendation to opt for Pat's over Geno's. I thought it was delish.

Rocky, anyone?? Confession: I've never actually seen these movies all the way through.  But I wasn't going to miss the chance to run up those steps! I was out of breath at the top. There was a group of missionaries there too, and they enjoyed taking nametag photos by Rocky. 

Something else that Philadelphia has to offer? Bums. Lots of bums. This was outside the house where T.J. wrote the Declaration of Independence. 


Philadelphia loves you, and I do too. 

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Philadephia is one city still on my must-see list (partly for the sandwiches.) I think I'll steer clear of the winter months though...too cold!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS