Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Adventures in Japanese Shopping

The cute, the strange, and the Chinglish.
(wait, what's the Japanese version of "Chinglish"? Is it an all-Asia encompassing word?

Anyway, here we go!

First off: the treats
Purple yam flavored Kit Kat: the purple yam is the agricultural specialty here in Okinawa. Maybe I'll try this someday. 
Rest assured, Hostess is alive and well in Japan! I guess people didn't get the memo to buy up all the inventory in sight. I should sell the sno balls on ebay. 
Get in my belly, almond fish!

Moving on. I love the Japanese stationary. So cute and irresistible. 

 "I hope everyday will be happy!!"
"There is nothing nicer than giving a gift to a friend."

"A gal likes a laces. My laces are kept in my favorite case."
???

Adorable dishes from the 100 yen store aka the Dollar Store:
"Jet'aime: Our love is like the wind. We can't touch it, but we can feel it with our heart."

I need these duck measuring cups! I love ducks. 
Get on my feet you adorable kitty flats!
 Extra extra skinny ties. Like one inch wide. I want the second one on the left for my husband

And now, just the quirky:
Adorable toilet seat warmer/cushion. Yes, please. 
 This would be a fun Halloween costume
Do you find that your stomach gets so cold in the winter? Then you need the warm winter belly band!!

That's all for today. Stay tuned for the next installment. I'm pretty sure there is PLENTY more where that came from. 

8 comments:

  1. So... You really are in a different country! Good finds. Keep up the good posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are HILARIOUS! It reminds me of the good old days of shopping in China. My favorite... the warm winter belly band. I've been waiting for America to come out with those!
    Enjoy and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The almond and fish equals puke. The kitty slip ons are to die for. I think I would try the kit kats, and for sure would get the toilet seat cover. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM DYING!!! I can't tell you how bad i want those duck measuring cups and the sno balls. Please buy all of the kitty flats you can. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love their stationary! I used to frequent the Asian stores in Houston just to get their awesome notepads/pens/etc.. etc...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! I was laughing sooo hard! It looks like you are really having a great time. I am so glad! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie! I am being considered for a job in Okinawa, and found your blog as I was perusing the internet trying to find information about what it's like there. You make it sound both hilarious and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Becky! I really am loving Okinawa, and that's so cool you might get to come here.

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS