Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Anxious.

I am anxious.

We are leaving in two days and I am starting to freak out a little. I hate the unknown. I hate not knowing what to expect. I hate not being in control. It's like we are starting over completely.

We have to find a place to live, we have to get a new phone plan and new phones, we have to get a new car. I have to learn how to drive a stick shift (pathetic that I don't know, I know) and learn how to drive it while learning to drive on the left side of the road in a foreign country. The good news is that the maximum speed limit on our tiny island is 37 mph, so at least I won't have to worry about aggressive drivers, right??

My husband might be leaving for training right after we arrive there, so I get to figure this stuff out mostly on my own.

And I just found out today that one of my really good friends in VA is no longer coming to Japan as planned. I know that I can make other friends, but isn't it just a nice feeling to know that there is at least one person who I am already close to who will be there? Yeah, I don't really have that any more, and it makes me more anxious.

I know these are kind of trivial things. But they are occupying my thoughts right now and really stressing me out. And that we are saying our final goodbyes, and it is so bittersweet. I feel like this:
Don't forget about me mmmkay? Keep in touch with me...please? Because I'm anxious about that too.

Love you,
Annie

6 comments:

  1. Why do you have to learn to drive a stick? Do they not have automatics in Japan??? Yikes. I was doing pretty well with a rental car we had for a few weeks, then I got sick of the stress (and learning on our car) and haven't tried it again for the last 7 months!

    I love that the max speed is 37. Island life sounds wonderful. I'm sure the warm beach will help your anxiety go away. :)

    I will miss you lots and lots. Travel safe. Love you, mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not pathetic... I don't know how to drive a stick. I've tried, but I just hate it! I'm sure you will pick it up quickly. Keep blogging so I can see all the cool things you are experiencing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never moved to a foreign country, but I understand the anxiety of moving to a new place! Keep in touch with US on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I promise I will not forget you!
    PS You are a brave, amazing sister. I cannot wait to see your pictures from Japan and enjoy your adventures through your stories.
    Good bye my looooooovvee!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS