Monday, June 25, 2012

Refashion: Wedding Cake Edition

Once upon a time, I had a very delicious wedding cake. I only got to eat a little bit of it, so luckily my mom saved the top layer and put it in the freezer for me.
A year passed, and my mom decided to be even nicer by overnighting it in the mail for me, so I could eat it with my husband for our one year anniversary. Despite her best efforts at packing it up, it arrived looking like this:
But the cake still tasted delicious, so I thought it would be a good time to test my culinary skills by making the oh-so-trendy, and kind of overdone treat called "cake pops." I guess all you need is a baked cake that's all crumbled up with frosting, and considering that step had already been done thanks to the United States Postal Service, these were pretty easy to make.

I used this tutorial, which was very easy, so I'll probably make these again sometime for entertaining or something. Here is the finished product:


 That top layer of cake sure made a lot of cake pops, I must say. So if you want any, come and get them!

4 comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS