Friday, September 19, 2014

The Yomitan Glass Man

On our first weekend on our own in Okinawa (meaning we finally had a car), we took a drive to explore, and we discovered the glass man's hut on the side of the road. I'm so glad we pulled over. This place is still one of my favorite little finds of the island. The glass man doesn't speak a word of English, so it was thanks to translator apps that we found out he blows all the glass himself, with recycled glass. His work is just so beautiful. 

Everytime we stop to get a little something from the glass man, he always throws in a "present" which include glasses and bowls, which are some of my favorite dishes in my cupboard. 
 
We took my mom there when she was here. I love bringing people here. 
Remember that time when I was pregnant?? This was the last picture we took while I was pregnant, I think. I went into labor a day later. 
This is kind of a random post, but I just wanted to share more of my love for this island and all of its special places with the people of the internet.

Hope you're having a swell day.
xoxo Annie

1 comment:

  1. I've been dying to check out glass/pottery places in Yomitan!! Definitely something i need to do this next year! ;) His glasswork is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS