Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Returning to Miyajima


After returning a second time to the island of Miyajima, a quick ferry ride from Hiroshima, I have decided it's my favorite place in mainland Japan. The beauty, the charm, the peacefulness...I could go on and on, but it's such a special place. A little out of the way from our original itinerary which was just to explore the Osaka/Kyoto area, but Sarah said she wanted to see it, so I was happy to oblige.

We had a delicious lunch of fresh local oysters and then enjoyed the beautiful weather just walking around. I got to visit Daisho-in Temple again and I loved every minute. We stayed in Hiroshima right next to the Peace Park and visited those sites, enjoying the cherry blossoms along the river, and marveling at the city of Hiroshima. The people there are the nicest. Then back on the shinkansen for our last stop, Kyoto!

Original Miyajima post here.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh I so want to go here, Daisho-in Temple really looks like my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! Can't wait to explore Miyajima and Hiroshima, hopefully some day soon! ;)
    Love that picture of you guys with the beanie buddha's! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS