Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Frustration

So, wedding plans are coming along rather smoothly. Venue: check. Temple: check. Photographer: check. Cute boxes for reception favors: check. There are still a few things left that are kind of important: flowers, invites, food (which is a headache--I am annoyed that so much of my budget will be the food)....and the dreaded wedding dress.

I have known for years that finding a wedding dress that doesn't make me want to barf or die from boredom would be extremely difficult. I just don't want a blah Mormon wedding dress. I had a few ideas for what I wanted, but nothing I ever found in a store. This weekend I went to a bridal show with my mom and they had like 20 teenage girls bouncing around in wedding dresses with signs showing where to buy them: and they were all disgusting. I just can't handle it! I am intentionally not posting example dresses right now to avoid offending anyone who might actually like/own one of these said dresses.

After the bridal show, I was feeling up to trying on wedding dresses, so we hit up a local bridal boutique. And it was sad. Not one dress even motivated me to want to take the time and effort of climbing into a dress and standing in front of the big mirrors to stare at myself and get all excited that oh! I'm going to be a bride! how amazing is that?!

So what's a girl to do? I need a dress, but I have no desire to try dresses on. I just want to order it off the internet and be done with it. Is that bad?

There is a sign of hope though. I have found a couple of dresses that are promising. One happens to be $3000 dollars. No biggie, because I have an outsource: China! Did I mention that China is amazing? I've been saying it the past 4 years because it really is. I thought about posting this fab dress for you to see, but that would ruin the surprise wouldn't it? But the more I look at it, the more I love it. So stay tuned.

Love, Annie

1 comment:

  1. Annie, have one made! That's what my sister did and hers looked gorgeous. All you need is a vision and they should do the rest!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS