Monday, January 31, 2011

The weekend that wasn't

I've never been one to hate Mondays, but today I do. I hate today, because I feel like I didn't get a weekend. I worked on Saturday from 7am to 7pm. I didn't get anything done this weekend. I feel like I'm spiraling out of control because there are so many things I have to get done and I'm not making any progress. My room is a mess and I need to do laundry, and heaven forbid I do that during the week, but honestly, I am so behind on homework and not to mention the fact that I have hardly started training for a half marathon in March, and oh yeah--there's that thing called a wedding that I have to plan and figure out, and right now it's all a big pain in the rear.

I could have used Sunday to get some stuff done--maybe a little studying or something, but then I decided that I was entitled to enjoy my Sunday afternoon. I had worked the whole day before and didn't get anytime to just sit. So I did. I guess if we're trying to make my afternoon sound productive, I could argue how my watching of Bachelor episodes was necessary, because Brad Womack went through three years of therapy to improve his relationships, so I could learn a lot from him right? Going on a tv show and making out with a different girl each date is a perfect way to get over you commitment problems.

The other semi-productive thing I did this weekend was decide on a wedding dress. I was so proud that I finally emailed my China seamstress friend last night to get moving on it--but do you happen to know what day is today? It's Chinese New Years Eve---so yeah, I'm pretty sure I will not be hearing a word from her for a good two weeks. Chinese people know how to do holidays, that's for sure. But why do they have to do it right now?!

So anyway, as a result of my no-weekend, I was super unprepared for today. I was a lazy bum in aerobics this morning, and most of my homework was left undone. All I wanted to do was go home and sleep. In the words of Cher Horowitz , "I felt impotent and out of control, which I really really hate. I had to find sanctuary in a place where I could gather my thoughts and regain my strength..." So where did I go? Yep, you guessed it. Tonight I went out to the mall and Starbucks with some of my homies. It was great. Just like mission times when it was too cold to do anything else on a P-day except chill at Starbucks.

So my room is still messy, homework still nagging me, but whatevs. I don't care. Right now all I care about is Bachelor Brad kicking off the crazy Salt Lake girl who is giving us a bad name. I guess we'll find out momentarily.

I'll think about homework tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day. Here's to Tuesday. And as another side note: happy 19th birthday to my dear sister Camille! (I hope her day was better than mine!)

Love, Annie

3 comments:

  1. Did you email her about dress #3? You should top your night off by watching, "Clueless." It is always good medicine. Watching tonight's "Bachelor" will leave you more frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me a good Clueless quote.
    And like Jenn said-- Clueless always makes you feel better.
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe you didn't even mention the emotional release you got at the YACHT PARTY!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS