Monday, February 18, 2013

Chair Refashion

Remember my ugly government chairs? Yeah, I do. I had them picked up and I am in the process of acquiring/refashioning new (to me) chairs.

The first project were these chairs: I bought the two for $15
So, I took them to the wood shop on base and sanded them down. (I had to take a safety course before I could use the sander and it was me and like ten other men. It was amusing)
 And then I primed and painted them, and voila!
I might make new cushions, but I got these at the 100 yen store aka the Dollar Store, and I think they're pretty cute for only being one dollar. What say ye?

Stay tuned for the next set of chairs! Yay for chairs that don't look like this!

3 comments:

  1. The cushions have cute fabric. They seem kind of small for the chairs but overall they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this and thought of you http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2013/02/re-upholstering-101-how-i-re-upholstered-my-swivel-armchair.html. I really like some of her ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This chair is awesome. I'm totally going to check out the rest of her site. Thanks Shells!

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS