Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nie Nie

Tonight I got to go and listen to Stephanie Nielson, writer of the Nie Nie Dialogues, also known as one of the blogs that I love to stalk while I am working.

And I am so glad I did! She is AMAZING. No lie. It was for BYU's Recapturing Beauty Campaign so her talk was focusing on coming to terms with her appearance after she was burned in a plane crash. How she was so afraid to look in the mirror the first time. How her kids wouldn't look at her, and how her two year old thought her sister was his mother. It was emotional to say the least. But oh so inspiring.

The place was packed. So packed that they started way late so some snotty girl could keep shouting in the mic that people needed to give up their saved seats and get out of the aisles because of fire codes. Graciously Nie Nie pointed out that snotty girl was right: we do need to obey the fire codes in case of a fire. That's why I love her. She is not fake at all and not stuffy or snobby or "woe is me, let's have a pity party". She is completely legit. And classy. And they couldn't have picked a better person to kick off their campaign about appreciating the bodies that God has given us. She bore such a powerful testimony that God answers prayers and that He is so so conscious of everything we go through. It sure was a great evening.

So, if you haven't joined the Nie Nie bandwagon, just do it! And start with this video. I swear I cry every time I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS