Friday, November 12, 2010

Country Music and Fashion: They Don't Mix

The Country Music Association Awards were this week. No, I did not watch them, because I don't really care about country music. But you can bet that I saw the red carpet photos afterward. I love that kind of stuff. I always make it a point to purchase the Oscar edition of People magazine for that very reason.

And based on what I saw from those CMA awards, oh buddy, it did not look good. What is it about country music that makes people who usually have pretty good taste turn into horrible criminals of fashion? That twangy guitar starts to mess with their heads, and causes them to wear horribly tacky things. And THIS is why I don't listen to country music! I just don't want to risk it. As I was looking through the photos on yahoo's report on the show, it seemed like everybody was making the worst dressed list. This is not good.

Some examples:




















Martina McBride and Carrie Underwood: country singers. What were they thinking? (Just two examples of all the other country singers who had ugly outfits as well)

But what really gets me are the next two. Nicole Kidman and Gwyneth Paltrow. Nicole usually dresses fabulously. Until she married a country singer. And Gwyneth? Well, apparently, she's "going country" now. She performed at the show, and she did a pretty good job too, and even looked amazing as usual in her outfit she performed in, but she arrived at the show in a very unfortunate outfit. If Gwyneth can't even resist the urge to still dress nice and be involved with country music, then who can?!




















Well, that's about it. Please resist the urge to dress like this. Sorry if this offends any country lovers out there. I still love you. Happy weekend! Love, Annie

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear! I better return my dress I bought for the firefighter's ball. It looks eerily similar to Martina McBride's, you know, skanky.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS