Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Violin Remorse

I do believe that dreams can tell you a lot and hint to you about things you need to be doing better in your life. I can't tell you how many times that I have dreams where I am jogging and it is wonderful and feels good, and I think to my dream self, "I really need to do this more often!" And then I wake up. And I usually do not end up going jogging.

And then last night I had a dream that I tried to pick up my violin to play it, and I physically could not get my hand to go the way it should to play correctly. That was my cue: you haven't touched your violin for way too long!! And it's true. I feel so bad about it. And with the Christmas season coming up, I really need to get back in the groove, since our best family Christmas tradition is hosting our own private Christmas music recital on Christmas eve. The dream didn't get much better when I was trying to play the violin in a neighbor's backyard on a dirt pile, when the pile collapsed into the ground and covered my violin, and I didn't even notice for like 15 dream minutes.

Did I also mention that my dreams are very random sometimes?

Anyway. I REALLY should play my violin. I know it. But guess what? Next semester I registered for orchestra again which will require me to practice! Why am I best motivated by a grade for a class?

And for the record, this is how you properly hold a violin, as demonstrated by Albert Einstein. Yes, he plays the violin as well. So talented! (In my dream, my left hand was schrunched up to the violin instead of smoothed and relaxed like Albert's...in case you care)

1 comment:

  1. You have been having some crazy dreams lately. I'm glad this one means you play more! You look way better than Einstein playing with your tiny hands!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS