Sunday, March 30, 2014

Twenty-two Weeks at Trash Beach

This beach is anything but trashy. Well, I mean it's called that because all kinds of trash sometimes washes up on it from who knows where, but it is still so beautiful! And it's a sea glass PARADISE. Victor and I brought home at least 15 pounds of it today. A Sunday afternoon very well spent.
 Just some stuff about being 22 weeks pregnant. This week was big because Victor finally felt the baby kick! It made him so so happy: I think he's been feeling left out that I'm the only one that had felt him move ha ha. So that was great. I also am at a point where I can't button up my regular pants. Yikes.

But the thing I have been thinking a lot about is how the baby can hear voices and sounds now: mostly mine.

Soooo that puts a lot of pressure on me! I don't want my baby to only remember my voice as a yelling, arguing or whining voice. I raise my voice far too easily in an argument. I get defensive far too easily. Sometimes I whine far too easily. It's just so crazy that my little baby is subject to all of that! Well, also my dear husband, and he doesn't deserve it either, so I'm really trying to work on it.

I re-read a favorite talk of mine today because I need frequent reminding on the way I should be speaking. Jeffrey R. Holland: he is just always so spot on!

"The voice that bears profound testimony, utters fervent prayer, and sings the hymns of Zion can be the same voice that berates and criticizes, embarrasses and demeans, inflicts pain and destroys the spirit of oneself and of others in the process. 'Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing,' James grieves. 'My brethren [and sisters], these things ought not so to be.'"

So, it's a bit of a tangent from just telling you how I'm 22 weeks pregnant, but it's some thought for your Sunday, so I hope it helps in some way. Have a great week!

1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS