Thursday, March 10, 2016

Things I've Been Loving Lately

I feel like it's been a long time since I have blogged. There's a lot I want to blog about so hopefully will get on that. I feel like I am finally getting a better sense of control over my life right now. Having two babies has been by far the hardest thing I have ever done! But that's another subject for another day. In the meantime I wanted to share some things with you that I have been loving this month. Little pick me ups that make me happy. 

Cara Cara Oranges. Have you heard of these? I hadn't until this winter but they are pink oranges! And they have a different taste than your typical navel oranges. I love them because they are pink, but also they are very tasty. I have tried them at the various farmers markets, but to be honest with you, my favorite ones I have found are the ones from Trader Joe's. Of course ha. And they are the cheapest there. Try em if you can. 
Brooklyn! It's out on digital dvd now and I have already watched it twice in a week. It comes out on actual dvd in a week I think. I seriously love this movie. 
Nothing Bundt Cake: Yum yum yum! This is a chain bakery, and there is one in Carmel. I finally went there with my sister and I am hooked on the white chocolate raspberry. The lemon is yum too. They are just so pretty too!
My running motivation music: Hamilton. This musical is going to win it all come the Tony Awards. I am not rich enough to drop $500 to see this since that's how much tickets are going for, but I love listening to the soundtrack. It gives me chills. And it gets me pumped up as I go running, which I desperately need. The music is awesome. Not at all your typical broadway musical sound. And it's very educational! I heard a critic call it an extra long episode of School House Rocks haha.
Here's the awesome performance at the Grammys:

I should add to the list my precious Dr. Pepper. Right now it's my ultimate treat in the day. My goal is to ease up on it, but in these early days of baby, it makes my day. It was the same when J was a little baby. Definitely a pick me up!
Anything you've been loving lately that I should know about? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. My latest trader joes pick me ups are the little bite sized smores and partially popped pop corn. And I'm right there with ya on the Dr Pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Hamilton, but I watched the clip and love what I'm seeing!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS