Monday, November 28, 2011

conversations with my husband

scene: in the car selecting music for the long drive

me: "I thought you would want to listen to the children's songbook (the songs we play in nursery) since you don't know any of them and you need to learn."
husband: "whenever I listen to those songs now, I'll only get stressed out. I only think, "hey [so and so], don't hit and push! [so and so], quit digging in the garbage!, [so and so], leave the lights on!"
*names have been removed to protect the innocent

scene: 2:30am, saying a prayer together after a very long (and fun) day in the citay (new york city)

husband: "we're grateful for the wonderful weather and food."
amen! Have I mentioned how amazing the food is in Little Italy?!

scene: the night before leaving for NYC for Thanksgiving
me: "Victor, this time we go to your mom's you need to help a little more. You always end up chilling while your mom cooks for you all day in the kitchen."
husband: "But I like being pampered by my mom. And I'm pretty sure she likes pampering me too."

And pamper him, she did.
It was a great Thanksgiving weekend.
victor's step-dad cuttin' the turkey
victor cuttin' his piece of the turkey

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm glad my husband isn't the only one who expects ME to help his mom but thinks we just love to pamper him. :) I feel for Victor. Every time I think about primary now, I have anxiety build up in me...it's bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We missed you guys. Glad you had a great holiday. I think Victor's mom likes to pamper too.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS