Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Finer Things Club

It happens once in a while. An occasion to get dressed up and feel fancy. To go out for a nice dinner. To feel refined. Last night was one of those nights. 

Victor and I went out to the opera: Don Giovanni by W.A. Mozart. We had dinner in Georgetown before and took a stroll along the river as we made our way over to the Kennedy Center.
 I was a little weary of the fact that the opera was over three hours long, but we survived. In fact, we actually enjoyed every minute of it, because it was a very good opera. That Mozart sure knows what he's doing.
 Side question: do I look totally out of place wearing a white ensemble in October?? It's just that it's my go-to dress for feeling fancy, so what's a girl to do?

Anyway, we ended the evening with gelato. A very fine and enjoyable evening. An evening where I'm reminded how much I love my husband, because he enjoys the finer things and enjoyed the opera just as much as I did.

Aaaaand.... then we drove back down to our apartment in the woods. Until next time, Finer Things Club.

5 comments:

  1. I look much better in this photo, I like. We need to take advantage of all the culture now before we get to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the white dress, and it's more of an ivory anyway. I don't know if I'm refined enough for a 3 hour opera, but the rest of the evening sounded fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a long time member of Finer Things Club, I fully endorse these activities and look forward to many more of your classy and cultured blog posts! And in my snobbish opinion, I think you can wear white as long as there isn't snow on the ground! Lookin snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you don't look out of place at all! you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you look as well! So nice to be able to spend your time like this with your husband! Better take advantage now (before kids come :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS