Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some b*stard with a torch, bringing me more work to do"


Thank you, David Brent, for those profound words.
And that is exactly how I feel today. (And please excuse the language!)

What it all comes down to is that I am so done with school!! For the past few months I have had to deal with a major thorn in my side, courtesy of BYU, involving my one last English class needed to get my stinkin degree already. After showing for months that the class would be offered in the spring, they changed their minds, left me hanging, and didn't even care. Thanks a lot, BYU.

So I have had to beg and plead to let another class substitute for it, and even though the class I'm substituting is very loosely connected to the class needed, they are letting me do it. And they would be fools not to. You want to know why? Because half of the student population right now are technically seniors. Students who are all "oh, dang, the job market sucks so I'm going to postpone graduation," or the other likely excuse: "I'm not married yet! What will I do?! Oh I know: postpone graduation!"

Well, you know what BYU? I am trying to get out of here, and now I realize why people don't graduate on time--because you make it so difficult! Just offer classes when you say you will offer them, is that so much to ask?!

So anyway, I had to submit a petition to get this substitute class approved, and today I finally got it all approved. It's the last class I ever I need to register for as an undergrad. Oh, it felt so good! I really did feel like I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

But then, I met with the professor to get her signature for it all, and she gave me copy of the syllabus so I can start the readings, because, oh yeah, for this eight week class we are reading eight entire novels. What the what?! Is that even legal? Well, even if it's not, I have no choice. So, basically, I already have homework assigned for the upcoming semester that hasn't even started. Oh joy.

I went and bought the first novel at Borders today, so I can at least feel like I'm getting a head start on this ridiculous reading load. And while I was at it, I bought this as well, reminding me to just keep swimming, just keep swimming.


2 comments:

  1. I'd say the Dominican is a very nice reward to the nightmare you are going through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 more months Annie, you can make it!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS