Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finally, Wednesday has passed

This week was stress city. Every single one of my classes had a project or test due on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Now I can breathe. For at least a day, at least, until I have another rough draft due tomorrow and a test next week. No more school! I am spent! Remember how last semester I complained about school a lot? Well, I regret that. Last semester was way better. I was only taking English classes, and while I was a bit lazy sometimes, I still managed to get good grades and write good papers. This is how I know that I am in the right major. I can sometimes give a half-hearted effort and still fork out a decent paper.

Too bad there is no career in writing about literature all day, unless I want to be a professor, which as of right now, I don't really want to do. Thus, the editing minor. This semester all my classes except one are editing classes. Can you say tedious?! Editing sometimes is a giant headache. And I feel like an idiot in my classes. And the grades confirm that. My self-esteem has taken many beatings this semester.

But, the good news is that Wednesday has passed and Thursday is here. Thursday has always been my favorite day of the week, ever since elementary school. I don't know exactly why, but I do know that in elementary school it was probably because my favorite lunch was served in the cafeteria: something like chicken fried steak or turkey and always with mashed potatoes and gravy: yummy. Anyway. Thursdays are great in my opinion.

Today is a great Thursday because my mom is coming all the way down to Provo to kick it with me. We're going to look at this wedding dress, which is crazy because I have already ordered a dress, but I am considering this other one that I have also fallen in love with a back up plan. But then, we'll probably just hang out and go out to eat--it's what we do best.

And I also kind of got some good news: I have been selected to present a paper I wrote last semester at an English Department Symposium in a couple of weeks. I am nervous though!! I'm presenting my senior paper along with two other girls who also themed their papers about adolescents and food. So, if you want to know the "deeper" food symbolism found in adolescent literature like The Giver and The Hunger Games, then you won't want to miss this event! You will be enlightened. Let's hope so.

Anyway, Happy Thursday.

Love, Annie

2 comments:

  1. Woa! That symposium sounds awesome! Congratulations! I am also really impressed that you remember what we had for lunch in elementary school. That's still what they have on Thursdays. Finally- send me pics of dress #2. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those books! I would come to this symposium! Way to go on the paper.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS