Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Things I'm missing right now

Numero Uno: ROMANIA.
I had a wonderful facebook chat yesterday with a young man that I saw from beginning to end find the church and get baptized after a lot of trials including getting permission from his parents, siblings and friends being opposed--you know, the typical issues that these brave people tackle in order to do what they feel is right. It's not easy, and even after someone joins the church in Romania, as a missionary you are still anxious that these young people can stay strong and make good choices. Gabi got baptized a year and a half ago. And say what you will about the cons of facebook and the internet, but the fact that I can still find out how he is doing and be able to keep contact with all the wonderful people that I met in Romania is amazing to me. You go, internet!

Anyway, Gabi and some other youth from Romania were able to go to an international Especially For Youth session in Germany. For those of you who went to EFY and remember the so-called "spiritual high" that you came home with, it is easy to see that this kind of upliftment is just what these teenagers in Europe need to help them get through those times when it's easy to get discouraged. It made my day to hear Gabi talk about how wonderful it was for him and how much stronger he is now. Then he asked me to share a verse of scripture with him and he asked if he could do the same. It was so cute! And in a wave of emotion, I was taken back to my missionary days where life was simple, sometimes heartbreaking, but always fulfilling.

Numero Dos: Provo.
Whaaaat? Did I really just say that? I guess maybe I should rephrase to say the people there, the restaurants, the Sweet Tooth Fairy, my spring classes talking about Toni Morrison all day long, the outdoor summer concerts. Well, I guess I should just admit it--I miss Provo. That's something that I never thought I would say when I first moved there. Those of you that have lived there, you know what I'm talking about.

Numero Tres: my wedding.
It went by too fast! And, I just got the pictures yesterday, and they brought back so many wonderful memories, and also some regretful moments of photos that I neglected to have taken--like one with just my grandparents, or one with my bestie Kelsy. Where's a time turner when you need one?

Click here to see my wedding photos!!

And numero cuatro: my husband. Come home from work already!

Anywhaaay, I guess I should go get dressed. It is, after all, noon (don't judge), and my birthday festivities are beginning today with a trip to the salon. Nothing too drastic though!

Let the birthday weekend extravaganza begin!

4 comments:

  1. um...where do I fit on this list?! ouch! Glad you are getting up for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It worked. I don't know why blogger is dumb like that, but mine was having the same issues. And I'm sorry to say I didn't even get pictures of us with my own camera at your wedding either. Too caught up in the moment, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I was in Provo everyone talked about wanting to get out of there as soon as possible, but now everyone (well most everyone) misses it a lot. I miss it a lot!! mostly, the mountains..

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS